I just found out that the cost of school lunch is increasing for the fall. Maybe it's just my children's school that's raising prices but it made me really glad that I pack their lunches at home. Here are some of the yummy things we combine in the lunch box to keep them happy and well fed!
1. Sliced pepperoni, cheese squares and crackers
2. Yogurt, granola and nuts
3. Sliced hot dog, heated and kept warm in a thermos
4. Homemade chicken nuggets, heated and put in a thermos
5. Turkey and bacon sandwich
6. P, B and J (for those not allergic)
7. Soup with meat and veggies
All of these choices are paired with fresh fruit, applesauce or a fruit cup, nachos, chips, pretzels or the like. We usually add a small treat of some kind like a cookie or cinnamon and sugar glazed popcorn. They drink water or milk and it's a wrap!
Do you have more lunch ideas? Then share them with us!
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts,