Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Where Do We Get The Money For Self-Publishing?

Oh it is not easy to find funding when you have a passion to inspire and uplift the world. My sister and I have scrimbed and scrounged and pooled our monies to make this thing happen. I can remember our first meeting when we decided we were going forward with self publishing our first book. We got the numbers together and discussed what we could each contribute. I sold some stocks and she cashed in some assets and we got the money we needed to do this, knowing that it was a gamble, but feeling it was the best gamble we could take, all to the glory of God. I say it was worth every penny.


As we venture on to our next book, we have mixed emotions. We prayed that sales for Sisters Are From Heaven would be enough to fund our next project. Alas, things have not yet taken off as we expected. It is no work like hard work though, so we push forward. Funding or not, we cannot hold off on writing God Is. This book has to be published because it was the vision given to my sister from God. We will make it happen.

So, now we move into finding funding. We begin with the Amber Grant. This is a $500 grant for women owned businesses. We applied and are hoping and praying that we receive the grant. Now the good thing about the Amber Grant is that you can also be the recipient of the grant when you refer other businesses to apply for the loan. So here is our referral link, go and apply for that loan !In this slumping economy we need all the assistance we can get to achieve our dreams.

Can I get a bailout anybody?
God speed ~ Meek

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh, I am so blessed by your blog, your vision of what the Lord has given you to do! I pray God bless the work of your hands, in His abundance, for the glory of His Kingdom!! I will keep you in prayer!

Missy said...

Thank you for the compliment and comment on my blog! My you be blessed in all your endeavors!

Pegs said...

Hi Girls!

I just wanted to make sure I stopped by and introduced myself. My name is Alya. I am a poet here blogging and always looking for talented writers and poets to showcase on my blog....drop by sometime to check out of join the P.E.G.S Poets Family!

I had to laugh when you asked if you could get some bail out money! I say that all the time! Where is our relief?! I wish you guys the very best with what you are trying to do! I am plugging away myself with P.E.G.S (Poets EnlighteninGenerationSeparated)It's not easy, but the journey and struggles are truly a labor of love! Take care and I will follow your blog...you can always shoot me an email at: pegspoets@gmail.com I hope to hear from you!

Alya