Saturday, July 10, 2010

I look to the hills from whence cometh my help. All my help comes from the Lord.

When man fails me, God is there. I often times forget who I should be leaning and depending on in my times of need. When I need a break from mommy duties and house duties, when I am running late for an important meeting...sometimes I lash out at those around me. If only my husband were not so selfish and helped me more, if only my co-worker would drive a bit faster so we could make the meeting in time. When my frustration level is just about to reach its zenith I remember to call on my Father. It is He who is my help and my strength and Him who will enable me to rise to any challenge that comes my way.


I take great comfort in knowing this. It gives me peace and a sense of calm that I cannot explain. When I realize the error of my thoughts, I smile when I realize it is my Father who art in heaven who is my help. Not man.

No comments: