Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!




I had such a fun time today preparing for the trick or treaters in my neighborhood to stop by my house. This is the first time in about 7 years that we have given out candy. Last year, kids stopped by and my husband had to offer up his apologies because we did not have any candy. I vowed then that we'd be prepared this year and I made sure we were. Well....my husband bought candy weeks before Halloween and we ate it all up, so I went out to Wal-mart today in the midst of all the drama to get candy. I got some healthy stuff, pretzels and some junk...twix, gum and ring pops.


The kids were so cute, from superman to princesses, all ages, colors and sizes. There were even ones I considered to be 'too old' to be trick or treating, so I gave them pretzels and gum :-) The little ones got everything in the bucket except gum for the ones to small to chew it.


For two and a half hours I went back and forth to the door giving out candy, screaming as if I were scared and wishing the kids and their families a safe night. There is no other way I would have liked to spend my night and I can't wait to do it again next year!
Oh, I started the festivities early at work on Friday by dressing up a bit. I was a cross between Elvira and a classy witch!
Many Blessings,
Meek






+

No comments: