Monday, September 26, 2011

Fall-Time Favorites


Everyday as we walk to and from the bus stop my daughter points out the changing colors of the leaves. A few red and gold ones sprinkle the ground and she gasps in awe that fall is finally here. She's not alone because as autumn gains momentum I feel myself coming alive.  I'm not upset over shorter days and cooler temperatures. No, that's my hubby. For me fall is a favorite because of the beautiful scenery, fuzzy sweaters, comfort food and county fairs/festivals (with more yummy food)! On top of that my birthday comes and I get to bless the Lord for giving me another year of happiness and health. It's that perfect balance of not too hot and not too cold and the promise of pumpkins then soon, Thanksgiving turkey.  There's apple picking (I've already had my share of Honeycrisp this season) and plenty of cider and pie to go around. Sweet potato prices are dropping and the evenings get lovelier as the sun lowers in the sky. I breath a sigh of relief at the whole predictable order of nature and just relax into the lazy days of fall.

What are some of your favorite fall activities? Post a comment to share.

Blessings,

Polly

No comments: