Sunday, November 28, 2010

Giving Thanks

This Thursday, my family celebrated the Thanksgiving Holiday sitting around the dinner table at my Aunt's home. She had graciously prepared all of our favorite dishes and had everything waiting for us in a glorious spread when we arrived to her house. After a wonderful prayer by my uncle and her husband, Pastor Davis, we dug in relentlessly stuffing our tummies full, waists expanding and pants buttons popping off. We ate ham, citrus seasoned turkey, potatoe salad, collard greens, rolls, rice homemade pound cake, red velvet cake and lemon meringue pie. Man, we ate well!

After that, we spent some time with the elders, listening to stories of old...the ones I love to hear my Great-Aunt tell. They are her specialty and some of best time I've spent with her. My grandmother sat by listening attentively at times, dosing off at others and adding her own thoughts from time to time.


My husband, step-son, daughter and I traveled to see his family and spent the day talking, watching TV, shopping and yes EATING!


It was a wonderful 4 days and we have so much to be thankful for...from good health, sound body and mind, living to see another day, and spending another Thanksgiving with family to traveling mercies, sound finances, jobs, transportation and good food to eat.


We thank God for all His abundant blessings and lovingkindness.


Continued Blessings,


Meek

No comments: