Thursday, December 30, 2010

Business Savvy


We witnessed it and still couldn't believe it happened. My sister, and fabulous business partner, showed all attending Christmas dinner at her family's home what a savvy business lady can do.

She prepared a delicious meal and as we were all patting our full bellies, she commented that she'd better run upstairs to get an item that someone was in route to purchase from her. I perked up. "Surely, you're kidding," I said. "It's Christmas day. Who would come by today? And I think I'm more shocked that you are actually selling stuff on Christmas." She was nonchanlant about the whole transaction which took exactly one minute as she ran down the front steps wearing only socks, no shoes, to deliver the package.

When she returned, grinning with money in hand, my mouth fell open. "Well, I set the whole thing up earlier," she said, waving the greenbacks around in the air. What she had sold was old and used, but the customer wanted it because it fit their need. Point. Set. Match.

Thanks, Meek for reminding us all to be business savvy. I'm taking this attitude straight into the New Year.

God bless you all,


Polly


No comments: