Monday, January 17, 2011

Martin Luther King Day

I've been motivated to hear the MLK speech all day long. It was supposed to be the very first thing I did when I came down to start my day today, but somehow I failed at that. After breakfast, I collapsed on the floor and fell into a slumber as my little one played with her toys, my son cleaned the kitchen and my husband lounged on the sofa. When I woke it was time to put the little one down for her nap and start my week's worth of dinners (more on that in another post).

The day progressed on. I got the laundry washed and folded, put most of it away and looked at a Ghanain movie I borrowed from a friend. Still no MLK speech.


I had committed to begin exercising again today. So as I was trying to get my mind right for that and as my son said 'this is the first day of your recovery'...I grabbed my iphone and searched for the March on Washington footage. I found one that was 17 minutes long and was instantly motivated to hop on my treadmill and listen to it.


I listened to the speech and got my workout in as well. Best 30 minutes of my day so far! Who knew exercise could be so much fun?


Happy Birthday to Martin Luther King, Jr.!

No comments: