Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Say Hello To My Little Friend


What if I upgrade to a smart phone and then I can't function without it? What if I become addicted and walk off the side of a cliff (or into a fountain) while texting? What if it costs too much? All these questions and more went through my mind before I finally decided to take the plunge. But that's all behind me now and I couldn't be happier. All the convenience and peace of mind my new smart phone provides is a definite bonus. No scary stuff here.

I use my phone to provide more accessibility to my electronic calendar and any important emails I may receive when I'm not at my desk. And when it comes to texting, I now have a full keyboard so I can say it fast or even send a short email in seconds. It's not the latest or fanciest smart phone but it allows me to use my WiFi service at home as well as other free hot spots. That saves me money! Another feature I love are the free apps for all kinds of things like my favorite radio morning show, workout plans, and shopping lists. The bells and chimes are the best. Reminders that I program into my phone help keep me on time for appointments and events.

In order to seal the deal, the salesperson said I could try out the new phone for 30 days and return it if I didn't like it. She helped me add the cheapest data plan required in order to get a smart phone and then downgraded other, little-used features on my cell phone account. My overall bill is less than before. So after only two weeks since giving it a go, I'm sure I made the right choice.

Blessings,
Polly

2 comments:

Gena said...

I have had a Blackberry for about 3 years now and truly understand why they call it a "Crackberry." I am addicted. I even keep the weekly meal menu and grocery list in the MemoPad. However, I must say that I am more organized than I have ever been and always know where everyone is going and what time to be there. You can't beat that!

Polly and Meek said...

Crackberry is right! I want to try the weekly meal menu and maybe the calorie counter (a little afraid of that, though). I like being more organized. God knows I needed some help.