Monday, April 13, 2009

Have Faith

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. - Hewbrews 11:1.

That's one of my favorite bible verses because it speaks to my heart and reminds me to trust God. I put it to the test on the Saturday before Easter at the flea market. It was pouring down outside and didn't look like anything was going to be sold that day. I even considered whether to sit it out and call Meek to save her a trip across town. The hall itself only contained two other vendors and it looked desolate beyond the first few tables. Instead of spring, winter seemed to be back and was threatening to stay.

No matter, I thought. I'll go forward because we need to get to focused on face-to-face selling. Besides, God doesn't take you to a place to abandon you. I didn't know what would happen, but I had faith that it would be all right. So I set up and got prepared for work. My partner arrived within the hour and before long we were chatting it up with whom ever paused at our table. One of our friends came by and even blessed us by making a purchase. Soon after, we started to see a steady stream of people dropping in and a few more came to our table to buy books. Some bought cookies too! It was Easter weekend so I just couldn't help baking and decorationg a few sweets for our table. It paid off.

After the event, we gave high praises to God as we enjoyed some hot Chick-fil-a. Only he could have taken a day like that and made it a success. However, he needed us to show up. So the showing up, was equivalent to showing faith in this situation. When has your faith been tested and then rewarded? How did you feel?

No comments: