Monday, August 16, 2010

Where the Horses Run Free!

I want to go where the horses run wild! It is a must have photograph for one of our upcoming projects.

I was driving down a strecth of rural highway in my area and came across a few farms with horses. They were out frolicking about eating and just being horses I suppose. In my mind I wondered what it would be like to get up close and personal with one of these majestic creatures. Then I thought, nah, I better have my long lens for those shots…I would rather observe from a far.

It is a photo that Polly said we need to have. Horses running free. In my mind I see them running fast, mane and tail flying in the wind, muscles well defined and rippled, maybe even running into the sunset enjoying the life God has given to them.

Who would have known that wild horses roamed most of the land and though the numbers have dwindled a bit, we can still find wild horses here and there. I want to go where they are and see what they see. To watch them and see how they live. That's why I am heading to the assateauge and chincoteague islands next spring. It is there that I can find these majestic horses roaming freely as nature intended. I cannot wait to showcase the beautiful moments I plan to capture on film.

No comments: