Monday, August 23, 2010

One Happy Mother


I spent last Saturday hanging out with my fellow Mocha Moms at the Mid-Atlantic Regional Conference. In the past Meek and I have vended at such functions, but this time I went as an eager participant.
The weekend long event was held at the Gaylord National Hotel on National Harbor. It was my first time visiting the harbor and as you can see in the picture, it is a beautiful. What I thought was the perfect escape from my everyday work of being a mom, became every bit a celebration of the same fact. As we mothers were educated on finances, parenting, marriage, health, etc.-- it became clear that we were actually being empowered to go forth and do even more.
They were plenty events just for moms; like the complimentary spa services, workout session and mom's night out in the hotel lounge-- not to mention plenty of coupons, freebies, great food and specialty shopping. But what I liked most was how the conference emphasized our focus on family. At times motherhood can be trying, but it makes all the difference when we're reminded that we aren't in the battle alone. Validation and encouragement like that of Saturday are food for the soul. The conference events and speakers left me better able to make financial changes, martial adjustments and a stronger commitment to raising my children. I am blessed to be a mother and I pray that God continually bless you!
What encourages you as a mom? We'd love to hear from you.
Truly inspired,
Polly

No comments: