Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year


Christmas is my favorite time of year. Sometimes it's nearly impossible for me not to regress into a childlike state--- singing, dancing and making merriment around the Christmas tree. My cup runneth over as I think of how good it is to have salvation because the saviour lives! It is His sweetness that keeps me comfortable, His love that I try to mirror and His promise that he'll never forsake me, which propels me into celebration. To tell the truth, I don't know how anyone can resist opening their heart this time of year if at none other.

We grew up under the facade of Santa Claus so even though I knew God and Jesus, Christmas was more about what surprises Santa had in store. And while our grandmother went out of her way creating the most memorible, and magical Christmas scenes ever; nothing can compare to the ultimate gift ---Christ Jesus! He makes me want to do better, love harder and forgive my enemies all in one breath; whilst striving to experience that unspeakable joy the old folks spoke about.

So when the question comes up, like it did today --- Lainey wanted to know if I thought Jesus' birthday was really December 25th. When asked I said this: "Honestly, I don't know and actually I don't really care." Her eyes stretched in disbelief as I continued. "It could be any day of the year, but Christmas gives us a reason to be thankful for God through his son Jesus. What could be wrong with that! So were are going to give gifts like those that were brought when Jesus was born and we will say thank you for His many blessings. All in the spirit Christmas." Immediately she leapt from her perch near the window and into my arms. We skipped, twirled and danced, throughout the living room, her face emanating happiness!


(singing) It's the most wonderful time of the year.....

No comments: