Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Free Your Mind


I must admit that my mind has become somewhat of a post-pregnancy mush. I am more scatter brained and forgetful than ever and cannot do much without a written or spoken list anymore.

I have gone from jotting things down on sticky notes, note pads and finally to speaking them into my voice recorder and then playing them back later as a means of getting things done. I think my memory is improving a bit,but I want it to be even better. What can one do?

Today, I hopped on my treadmill for a few minutes while my daughter took her nap. I put on my favorite Barry White CD and did a light jog and then a brisk walk on incline. As I walked, my To Do List began to run through my mind. I remembered it all vividly as if I was actually reading it from a written list...clean the upstairs bathroom, put the clothes in the dryer, lay out clothes for work and for my little one, arrange the shoes in the new organizer I purchased, make copies of needed paperwork, follow up with the deck builder...on and on it poured out.

So there it is! I even came up with a few ideas for upcoming blogs as I jogged and walked. Wow! Exercise truly is good for the mind, body and soul!

Continued Blessings,

Meek

1 comment:

Gena said...

I completely agree! I feel like on days when I do not exercise that I go right back to pregnancy brain! LOL!!

Meek, please email or call. I want to set something up for when you come to Charlotte again. Also Evan will be turning 2 in July and we would like to contract your awesome services.

I hope all is well with yoy and the family.

Take care,
Gena