Sunday, March 14, 2010

Do It Yourself!


I have realized over the past few years that I am a person who likes to have a lot of control over most things. Most of my close friends and family already know this about me and will probably laugh when they see it. Its been hard for me to let go and let God, but it is something I have learned is best to do.

I decided that I wanted to take an all around healthier approach to life, starting with the foods I eat. This weekend I was craving a chocolaty treat. Polly and I had discussed how it seems like the desserts now are not enough and they are not as filling as they should be. I decided that I am no longer going to waste calories on store bought desserts, instead I'll just make them myself. I made the best ghiridelli chocolate chip cookies I've had in years. I could only eat two they were so decadent.
I did not stop there though. I love the smoked turkey on country bread from Panera Bread Company. It is already made with fresh cuts of turkey and is simply delicious, but I figured I could make it myself at home. I found a recipe online and tried it out this weekend...my very first time making bread. It turned out delicious, chewy and crusty on top. I ate slice after slice and really appreciate my food having kneaded the bread and made it from scratch.

The cookies and the bread were so good yal and I wish I could share them with you!

So you see it does not just stop at books. Polly & I wanted books our children can see themselves in and that taught positive lessons. We know there were some books already out there, but we created our own...so that we could share it with you.

Continued Blessings,

Meek

No comments: