Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Allergy Season

Tis the season for allergies. I have bragged to just about everyone I know about how I do not have seasonal allergies and it takes an awful lot for me to sneeze in regards to grass, pollen, ragweed and the like. Yes, I am blessed and fortunate I've told people because this stuff just does not bother me. Well that was until last week.

I had been warned by some that 'after the baby came I developed allergies' or 'I developed them when I was in my 30's' but somehow I thought I have gotten by, flew in under the radar. Well I'd say it was Tuesday, that the strangest thing happened. I walked from my car in the parking lot to the building I work in and begin to sneeze over and over again. My nose was clogged by the time I sat down at my desk and I had sinus pressure and itchy eyes. Oh now I thought to myself, let me pop a zyrtec (oh who am I kidding a generic zyrtec). I took it, but it did not help me in the least. I continued all day long feeling awful, skipped out on the gym and went home and straight down for a nap. The allergies have lingered on now with postnasal drip and a cough. I feel like I have a cold but I know what it really is....ALLERGIES!

So, do I dare say I am officially a seasonal allergy sufferer. Well not just yet. I will give it another whirl next year to see for sure. I don't want to have to count myself amongst those who look outside with dread at the blooming trees and flowers and cringe at the sight of yellow dust on their cars and windows. I want to open my windows and let fresh air in. I don't want to have to wear a face mask (like some of my coworkers do) to make it from the outside of the building to the inside. And I don't want to have to do a rain dance and pray it comes to wash all the pollen away and make things new again. No not me.

I want to work outside in the sun and come up with new plans and agendas for Polly & Meek. I want to vend outdoors with no fear of sneezing and wheezing all over the product and customers. I want to walk outside so I can expand my mind and come up with new and exciting ideas for the business. Luckily, seasonal allergies are just that...seasonal. They don't last always. Unpleasant things rarely do!

Continued Blessings,

Meek

No comments: