Thursday, May 5, 2011

Parent's Helper: Meet the Sight Words by Preschool Prep


Here's a great way to entertain and teach at the same time. I came across these DVDs as I researched different methods of teaching my middle child who just happens to be a visual learner. These DVDs are awesome and they work! Each word is introduced through music along with animation. The kids love it!

At the time we used this product my daughter was five years old and in kindergarten. My four year old begged to watch the program too and he learned quite a few words along with his sister. Although my younger one didn't absorb the material nearly as quickly as my five year old, I still think this product is great for learning all sorts of sight words which don't following the traditional rules for sounding out and deciphering as most words in the English language. We used 3 different "Meet the Sight Word" DVDs which covered about 45 sight words. My daughter learned 40 words in 10 days and my son learned 22. I give it 5 out of 5 stars. I highly recommend this product.

If you're unable to purchase this DVD through Amazon, then visit your public library. They may be able to put you on a wait list if this is a high demand item. It's worth it until you can get your own.

Blessings,
Polly

1 comment:

Crystal Marie said...

I will have to share this with my sister for my niece! Thanks for posting.