Sunday, June 27, 2010

By The Grace of God




Today, I saw the magnificent grace of God take control of my situation and turn everything around for good.

My little cousin came up here to help me with my daughter and I was attempting to get her to the train station to catch her train back home. I had planned everything out the night before. I would wake at 8:30am and get the ball rolling to arrive at the station in time for us to sit, chat and say our goodbyes. As 10am rolled in and I began my drive to George Washington Parkway, I realized we were running really late. I told her this and she said 'oh we have plenty of time', but I quickly reminded her how I am prone to getting lost in DC and that we really did not have that much time.

I remembered a lot from the trip to pick her up, but low and behold when I got on Massachusetts Ave, something went wrong. I missed a turn and was in unfamiliar territory. I tried to map my way out of there with my iphone but was too confused with the O, P, N and J's of DC streets. I started to curse, then reallized I needed to pray. That is what I did.

After a few u-turns and asking a pedestrian for help, I told God it was up to Him to lead me in. I did not know where the station was. I drove on instincts and somehow came up beside union station with 10 minutes to spare. I parked and we literally ran all the way to the station and through it to the check-in.

I did not know how to use the machine, but a fellow train rider quickly told me what to do. I got the ticket and we ran all the way through the station to gate J. We had 5 minutes to spare and the lady at the gate told my cousin 'you have got to hurry; run downstairs to J24'. She took off with a flash and the lady closed the gates for anyone boarding that train.

I stumpled over to my seat, tired and praying she'd make it. I sat there for 10 minutes with my little angel waiting and waiting. I called my cousin on her cell but it went to voicemail. I started the walk back to the car (after cleaning up my daughter who had somehow managed to poop everywhere except in the diaper).

I began the drive back home and got a call from my cousin. She said she made it. She was on the train and safe and sound. All thanks go to the Lord!

We have to remember to call on Him when things look like they are turning for the worse and there is no way we can make it work. God is always in control and He will direct our paths if we only ask.

Blessings,

Meek

No comments: