Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Testimonial Tuesday


As I sit here enjoying the free Wi-fi at Chick-fil-a I can't help but reflect on the blessings I've received today. I'll recount in reverse because I have a full belly now and I just praise God for Chick-fil-a chicken. It's good all the time.

Before coming here for a late lunch we visited the dentist and no one had cavities! Praise the Lord again! We had arrived there on time after leaving the allergist. I needed to drop off several medical forms so that Lauren would be ready for camp this summer. I pulled up at 12:30pm just as I remembered that the office is closed during lunch. So I sat, unphased. I'd check if they were open after I filled in Lauren's name on the forms. Sure enough door was wide open and I hadn't come all that way for nothing. The receptionist had me cracking up about my good fortune because someone forgot to lock the door. She commented on Lainey's $10 sandals which came from Target. "Ooo," said the receptionist, "I love Target and Walmart too. Although, you can never get out of Walmart cause it's always so busy." I told her that was true, but guess what? My brake lights went out this morning right after dropping all the kids off. Walmart was on my route home so I stopped by on the off chance that they could fix the lights before the school bus came AND do it for cheap. I testified to the receptionist that it cost $15 dollars and I was out of there in 20 minutes flat. She said, "Well you'd better buy a lottery ticket cause at this rate you're subject to be a millionaire before the day is over." We laughed again and said goodbye.

No doubt the best blessing of the day had been dropping Lauren and Orion off for camp and meeting another impressionable receptionist. I did not yet have the medical forms completed for this first camp because they didn't send a notice like all the others. So I took the medicine with us anyway. The lady at the front desk was so kind. She told me they aren't a private practice. "Fill the form out later and bring the medicine in right now," she said. I was so overjoyed to have Lauren's health take priority over being sued. I knew right then it was the work of God.

The day was capped when the holy ghost came over me as I listened to the Clark Sisters sing I'm Looking For A Miracle. As the song says, "Just believe and receive it. God will perform it today!

Blessings,
Polly

No comments: