Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Inspiration

What inspires you?
There are so many things that inspire me to put forth my best efforts. Not just with the business, but in all aspects of my life.
Before the idea of our children's book ever came to be, my sister wanted to be a writer and I a photographer. I was inspired from an early age since my mother loved photography and a camera was never far away. As I got older, my love for photography grew and grew. I wanted to capture all my family on camera so we would have something to show the future generations. I would always be the one at family functions snapping shots of everyone there.
When my first niece was born, I was in the delivery room armed with my camera capturing the beautiful event of her birth. I felt it was duty to make sure my sister and brother in law had this special and never to be repeated event on film so they could look back and reflect on the joyous occasion. All of my sister's children inspired me to embrace children's photography. I would strive to capture every special moment between siblings that I could.
Now, I am propelled forward again with the birth of my little one. She will either completely love the camera or shun it altogether. She is only 13 days old and I assure you I have over 300 pictures of her...at least. I can see my photography skills perfecting with each shot I take of her.
She will inspire me to push beyond what I expected and even surprise myself.
Love for what I do and who I do it for is what inspires me. God inspires me because He is so awesome and I want to give Him the glory through my work. It is a gift He gave to me and I want to do my very best.
We can find inspiration in so many things around us. So if you are feeling a bit bored with your craft, remember why you do it and who gave you the talent to do it. Reflect on past accomplishments and awaken a new commitment to try again. I guarantee that you will not regret it!
Many Blessings,
Meek

No comments: