Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Make A Vision Board

This month's issue of Black Enterprise magazine has a inspiring topic on propelling yourself forward if you're in a rut. The suggestion is simple. Create a board where you can post your dreams and goals in a picture or physical format of some type. At first I wasn't sure this could work but as I thought about it more, it seemed like a great concept.

When I need a little push to exercise, for example, visualizing the end result can make all the difference in whether I complete the workout or not. I tend to write out lists all the time and try to keep reminders handy for business endeavors so that I can stay focused. It works.

When creating your vision board use old magazines, pictures and phrases that describe where you want to see yourself as opposed to where you are right now. Be sure to display your board where you'll have daily contact with it. If these thoughts are two private for you to put out in the open, the article suggests a vision journal where you can create simple reminders that are for your eyes only. Either way, I think they're on to something. Give it a try and let us know how yours turns out. I hope your confidence and productivity get a boost!

Blessings,
Polly

No comments: