Thursday, June 18, 2009

Answer Your Calling

One of my very good friends recently started her own business!!! This came after the corporate company she worked for wrongfully discharged her after 8 years of service. She would email me from time to time to tell me how things were going and each time I would encourage her to start her own business and expand on the God-given talent I knew she possessed.

I was so very pleased when she emailed me to let me know that she has started her own business and was working to get her website off the ground and get her promotional items ordered. She is doing some contract work right now and has vowed that she will not re-enter the corporate world again. I say hallelujah and to God be the glory! Another one of his children has heard her calling and is venturing out into the world as a business owner!

I am anxiously awaiting my Paralegal Certificate so that I too can do contract work. I see this as yet another way to break free of the humdrum 8-5, working to fatten someone else’s pockets. I just want to work on my own terms and I know it can be done. I want to have time for my family and contribute to my household. In this dog eat dog world of 6 weeks paid maternity leave and 6 weeks FMLA, I think we are being done a dis-service. I do not want to have to choose between family and work. There is no competition in my book. This is why I am striving to make it happen. God did not give me the vision and the drive to achieve it, just to look at it and invision what could be. He has an awesome plan for all of us and I pray that we accept it and make the very best out of it.

Many Blessings,
Meek

1 comment:

Trastine said...

Amen to this entire post! Working for yourself is where it is. I prayed to God that if he would grant me favor and give me the wisdom, I would use my talents as well to glorify God and never allow someone else to profit off of my talents. Props to everyone brave enough to step out on faith and make your own cash. Just remember to keep God first, and you will never fail, even through during the rocky time. You will be victorious!!!

Trastine aka Natural Spirit