Friday, June 26, 2009

Life's Miracles

I am expecting. As a matter of fact, I am in my final trimester and it will not be very long before I am holding my little girl in my arms. I confess that I am already looking forward to baby #2 and hoping and praying it is another little girl. Why? Because Sisters Are From Heaven and I want my little one to grow up with a sister that she can play with, share a room with and just be friends with. I want her to know the joys of having a sister that will be her sidekick and confidant. Just the thought of it makes me all giddy inside.

Before God ever blessed me with this awesome gift, I always said I wanted little boys. Boys are rough and tumble and I’m a rough and tumble sort of gal, so I figured that would be best. No girls for me, no washing, combing and braiding hair, no pink, pink everywhere, no screaming teens and head butting later in life. Nope, none of that. When I found out I was pregnant, I did not care what the baby was, I just wanted the baby period. Of course the hubbie was rooting for a boy all the way. There were times I was certain this little kick boxer was a boy and I would start to think, no cute frilly outfits, no hair bows and prom dresses, no wedding dress…I wanted to experience all that with my child and so I begin to long for a little girl. God knows the desires of our hearts even when we are a bit confused ourselves. He gives us what is best for us; we can always count on him for that.

The reality is I want girls and boys. I want to experience the best of both worlds. Children are a gift from God and I thank Him for my gift every single day.
Stay Blessed,
Meek

No comments: